13 July 2016
The many ways to use the word “Welcome”
The word “welcome” can be used as an adjective, a noun or a verb.
1. As an adjective, “welcome” qualifies something that happens in an incidental and timely fashion.
- In this heat, this drink is more than welcome.
2. As a noun, “welcome” is an instance or manner to greet someone.
- Our team extends a warm welcome to Jean.
3. The verb “welcome” is also used a greeting (such as to our online courses).
- Welcome to the course!.
You are therefore welcome to use “welcome” to welcome trainees to their online training course!